Arrange a Funeral Service
A funeral or memorial service provides an opportunity for family and friends to express their love and respect for a deceased person and provide support for each other as they deal with loss.
Sydney’s Family Funeral Services understands the pressures families face in dealing with the death of a loved one and what may seem like overwhelming decisions to be made to arrange a funeral service.
As premier funeral directors in Sydney we can help at this difficult time. Our training and experience enables us to listen to your wishes and combine them with practical needs and legal requirements to arrange a funeral service that is appropriate for you and your family.
We specialise in creating personalised ceremonies where mourners feel comfortable to share stories, follow religious beliefs and customs and gather at a peaceful place during a time of confusion and uncertainty.
Our Sydney funeral directors are caring and compassionate and available to assist from your first phone call to organising and conducting the ceremony and any assistance you may need following the service. We ensure all your requests are carried out.
Steps to Arrange a Funeral
We provide funeral services across Sydney. To arrange a funeral, telephone us at any time to notify of a death. We will then:
- Take details and contact the hospital/nursing home/coroner to arrange the necessary medical certificates and permits. We will file the certificate with Births, Deaths and Marriages.
- Transfer the deceased from the place of death to our funeral home.
- Visit you and assist with filling out the required documentation. At this time we will also help you with selecting arrangements according to budget (if a pre-arranged service does not exist) such as:
- Type of interment (burial, requiring a casket or coffin) or internment (cremation, requiring an urn)
- Clergy or celebrant to perform the service
- Any religious requirements
- Music selection – Organist, musician or pre-recorded music
- The clothing of the deceased
- Decide on open or closed casket or coffin and the number of viewings
- Flower arrangements
- Display of significant items at the service
- Newspaper notices
- Memorial cards and leaflets
- Memorial gifts
- Car transfer for family and friends to and from the church or the cemetery
- Refreshments at the service
- Document the event for those who cannot attend and/or for a remembrance
- Make bookings and liaise with necessary services to ensure all your requests are fulfilled.
- Be available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week throughout the process of arranging the ceremony, conducting the service and any further assistance you may need.
We’re Here to Help
Contact Family Funeral Services for Sydney-wide assistance to arrange a funeral. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Telephone (02) 9672 6188 or send an online enquiry.
Family Funeral Services is part of Heaven Address, an online community where families can share precious memories of loved ones.