Pre-Planning a Funeral
Family Funeral Services in Sydney can assist with pre-planning a funeral and will guide you through the process of documenting your wishes and all aspects of planning in advance.
Have total control over the way you say farewell and complete peace-of-mind knowing that you have organised and paid for your future memorial service.
We offer pre-paid and bond plans through Funeral Plan Management(FPM) giving you a secure (capital guaranteed) investment vehicle and a way to safe-guard against rising costs.
A prepaid contract is where you determine your requirements, agree on the costs and enter into a formal arrangement, paying in advance.
A bond arrangement allows you to invest up to $11,500, to contribute towards future costs.
Benefits of Pre-Planning a Funeral
As one of Sydney’s premier funeral directors, pre-planning a funeral with us has a number of benefits including:
- Peace of mind – You know your Sydney funeral directors, have selected exactly how you want your service to be conducted and have fully planned and paid in advance. Family and friends can celebrate your life rather than worrying about planning the details of your service.
- A fixed price – A prepaid contract ensures there is no more to pay. The amount you spend is determined by the cost of your choices at the time of taking out the contract.
- Payment plans – You can choose to pay for your arrangements as a single lump sum or in installments up to and within a three-year period.
- No restrictions – You can arrange a prepaid plan regardless of age or health conditions.
- Funds security – Funds are held independently and invested via FPM in a capital guaranteed benefit fund of a Friendly Society.
- Other financial advantages – A prepaid funeral is not viewed as part of your personal assets. It is also exempt from Centrelink and Department of Veteran Affairs income and assets tests. Therefore, the investment may improve your pension entitlements.
Tax Effective Bonds
Establishing a funeral bond and saving for future expenses is another way of pre-planning a funeral. The bond provides a tax effective way to set aside funds to meet future costs. You can still specify the details of your service with us, or leave that to your executor, family or friends, knowing that you have contributed to, or covered, expenses.
Bonds can be set up in single or joint names (but can only be used towards one service) and funds are held in a Friendly Society benefit fund with your contributions and bonuses capital guaranteed.
Annual bonuses are exempt from personal income tax assessment and upon death the benefit is paid to your estate. The growth component of your benefit is handled through the administration of your estate.
You can invest up to $11,500 in a bond, either as a lump sum or through regular contributions, and that investment is exempt from Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs asset and income tests.
Sydney’s Family Funeral Services
Choose Sydney’s Family Funeral Services for personalised service and comprehensive advice and assistance with pre-planning a funeral. We have some of the most experienced funeral directors in Sydney dedicated to helping you. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to assist with service arrangements.
Paul is very nice, helpful & professional, Michelle is so warm & kind. There is no pressure on you, you can do some of it yourself as I did or let them do it all. Nothing is too much for them. I have NO HESITATION in recommending them to anyone.